Today’s Tech Talk Thursday is inspired by a post from one of my favorite blogs, Apartment Therapy. You can read the original here.
By now, many of us are using notes, email, or apps on our phones to track information and reminders. I love the idea of using a picture instead. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words and can often be snapped in a fraction of the time it would take to tap out a text note.
Here are 10 ideas for helpful snapshots you may want to keep on hand:
1. The contents of your suitcase in case it is lost and you need to make an insurance claim
2. The label of that fantastic bottle of wine you just shared
3. Your rental car – especially helpful if you travel often
4. A cute haircut that you’d like to show your stylist
5. Write (or type) in large print and then take a snapshot: “In case of emergency, please call <insert contact here>”
6. Your makeup, so that when you get to the beauty counter you don’t have to struggle to recall the shade
7. If you are like me and have a tough time remembering: your license plate
8. The “hours” signs on the doors of your favorite establishments
9. Pictures of your children as you leave for the mall or amusement park in case you get separated
10. Care instructions for your houseplants (discard the little plastic insert)
And if you choose to store potentially sensitive information on your phone, please make sure that it is encrypted (try the mSecure app) in case it is ever lost or stolen. Bonus points if you organize your pictures in an app like Evernote! They are entirely searchable there, including the text on each picture. So helpful!
Tell us, what useful pics do you keep on your phone?