You’ve searched and searched and now your search has finally come to an end; you’ve found a new place to call home! Whether you are downsizing or upgrading, you have to admit it is exciting to start a new chapter in your life. But what’s this? Your joy is suddenly replaced by overwhelm. Boxes, bags, and more boxes!
Last month, we wrote a blog post addressing the overwhelm that can come with preparing to move out, perhaps to a new city or even a different state. We have had more requests than ever for moving help, and this month, we want to share with you ways in which we can make your move-in less stressful.
So, how can we make your new transition a stress-free one?
1. Walk-through: We will conduct a thorough walk-through of any and all spaces of your new home with you to discuss in-depth where you would like items to go and how we can best make your move a pleasant experience, and how we can help you have an organized and functional space, right from the start.
2. Game Plan: Boxes randomly scattered about with no rhyme or reason? We will place all the like items together in their desired rooms and then go through each and every box in order to place items in their correct spaces according to frequency of use, best use of space, all the while taking into account your personal preference. We will ensure all kitchen items find themselves in the kitchen, office items find themselves in the office, etc.
3. Letting Go: There’s nothing like a move to make you realize how much “stuff” you really have. As we are going through the boxes, this is a great time to assess what you really need. Maybe you have less space then you thought? Maybe you are wondering why on earth you even packed some items? We are happy to set aside donation piles and take them with us-free of charge.
4. Checklist: As each room comes together, you will undoubtedly realize you still need certain items. Maybe you need more storage bins? We can help you go through each room, take measurements, and make a list of items you will need to purchase, if any to maximize space and maintain organization in your new home. We are even more than happy to go pick up the items for you, and help you put them into place right away.
5. Labeling: We always come prepared with one of our favorite tools. Yes, you guessed it, our labelers! Whether you want us to label storage bins (i.e. halloween decorations) or shelves in a garage or closet, we are ready and equipped to make your life easier. Our goal is to simpify your life and enabling you to identify and find items more quickly is definitely part of that plan!
As we mentioned in our previous post, moving can be quite the process and does take a decent chunk of time. And time is something we could all use a little more of, right? We realize you don’t want to have boxes sitting around your home for months on end, so if you are looking to finish the project sooner rather than later, we offer several packages. Give us a call and ask us about our 12 and 24 hour packages involving 1, 2 or 3 organizers. We can recommend the right package for you based on your time frame and budget.
Things to Keep in Mind:
A. Devise a plan: Don’t unpack randomly. Figure out where things will go and what makes sense.
B. Function Before Form: Arrange furniture and large, heavier items first. Then unpack accessories and personal items.
C. Priority: Make a list of all the rooms in your home and rate them in order of priority. Remember to focus on one room at a time, it will make the experience much less overwhelming. Start in the spaces you need to utilize the most ASAP.
D. Moving can be a daunting task, but you can get organized and cut stress! Ask for help to save time and stress and enjoy your new space sooner as opposed to later.
Still on the fence about bringing in a Professional Organizer to help you with your move? Check out some of our recent testimonials:
“Simply Placed was a life saver as I moved into a new home and needed to get unpacked and organized within a week. Jessica and Sharon were so efficient and organized that the move in was virtually painless for my 3 children and me. My walk in closet is a dream now and I recommend them for any organizational work needed anywhere in the house!”
Jennifer Molloy – Sammamish, WA
“Simply Placed helped me PACK and UNPACK for a 3 year assignment oversees. I don’t know how I would have done it on either end without Debbie and Sharon. Packing is one of those experiences no one should have to do alone. Support=Sanity!”
Lauren Malinsky Lindheimer – Mercer Island, WA
If you or someone you know is looking to move, let us know if we can be a resource, we would love to make the process a stress-free one! And don’t forget about our referral program – refer a friend or neighbor and we’ll be sure to Thank You!