Do you need to get control of your email?
Question: Help! I’m drowning in email. I start opening email in the morning and soon hours have passed and I haven’t done anything but sift through email. How can I both manage my email and get my work done?
Answer: This is a very common challenge. Working from your inbox all day long is a very reactive way to work. If you want to be more proactive in your day, get control of your email and assuring you have time to work on your priorities, here are a few tips:
- Don’t start your day by opening your inbox. Get the most important thing done from your task list first. This assures you’ve met one of the day’s biggest goals before you delve into your inbox.
- Reduce the frequency you check email. Checking email every few minutes when you’re trying to stay focused on your work is a very distracting and costly behavior. Experiment working in 25-90 minute sessions without checking email. You’ll be surprised at how much you can get done and how the quality of your work improves without so much distraction.
- Turn off notification sounds and icons. These notifications, even just hearing or glancing at them, can cost hours a day in lost productivity. Take control of your email and check your inbox on your terms.
Want more tips for increasing productivity by establishing better email habits? Get control of your email!
Simply Placed can help reduce your stress around email, reduce the time you spend in your inbox and increase your work productivity with an Email Intervention.
Learn and implement strategies to more effectively and efficiently manage your email so it doesn’t manage you or fall through the cracks. Optimize your email program with tricks and tips that make it a more productive tool for you. Be free of email overwhelm and have more time to spend on what matters most to you.
The Email Intervention package includes:
- 2-hour “Zoom” or in-person Email Intervention consultation and hands-on help to maximize your tools, systems and habits to manage email AND your priorities
- Resource sheet and implementation/reminder cards
- Homework and accountability built-in so that you make progress and create habits that stick
- 1-hour “Zoom” or in-person follow-up session
- Up to 30-minutes of additional follow-up email, phone or Zoom support
If you’re drowning in email, contact us today to get started on more productive Email habits that we guarantee will have lasting and productive results! Let’s get your Email Intervention scheduled today. Get control of your email. How will you spend the time we’ll free up?