Do you excel at helping others get and stay organized and make the most of their time? Do you have a flexible schedule and are happy to have part time hours that vary in volume week to week?
Simply Placed, a professional organizing and productivity consulting firm based in Sammamish, WA and serving the Greater Seattle and Puget Sound area, is actively recruiting for a Professional Organizer and Productivity Consultant to support our residential, small business and corporate clients. This is a part-time, hourly position.
If you are a professional, confident, solution-oriented people-person, who likes variety in your work, meet our qualifications, and are looking for a part time job so that you can balance family, school or other interests, this could be a perfect fit for you. Every client engagement is unique. We work with busy families and professionals who want to better manage their homes, work-spaces, email/digital records, time, tasks, priorities, and resources so that they get better results and have more time for what matters most to them. As a Professional Organizer and Productivity Consultant, your goal is to engage with clients to help them identify their organizing and productivity challenges; create a plan that fits their personality, budget and goals; and work with them hands-on, one-on-one, or in a group training setting to help them establish organized systems, productive habits and efficient processes using Simply Placed methodologies.
You will represent Simply Placed and our services to prospects and clients in a way that builds trust and leads to long-term relationships that extend beyond the end of the first project.
Client service: Apply Simply Placed and other proven methodologies to help clients understand and solve problems resulting from disorganization, inefficiencies and overwhelm. This work may include needs assessment, appointment preparation, hands-on physical and digital organizing (must be comfortable, confident and competent in both), residential and work-space design, group training, individual consulting, work-flow, business process design and/or redesign, teaching effective email management, time management, task management, paper and electronic records management/filing systems, meeting management, delegation, prioritization, change management, support with behavior modification, accountability and follow up.
Business development: May participate in the development of Simply Placed through networking, speaking engagements, prospect calls, sales meetings with company contacts, client check-in calls and response to in-coming queries.
Marketing support: May support the Simply Placed marketing plan by developing sales content, contributing to blog posts, articles, e-newsletter, email campaigns, and supporting social media initiatives.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience providing excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to manage large projects effectively and efficiently from start to finish (ie: moves)
- Demonstrated aptitude for creative problem solving; ability to determine solutions for clients (consultative sales approach).
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational ability, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to teach, consult with, coach and train clients individually or in a group setting.
- Must be open-minded and non-judgmental toward clients with organization challenges: Able to work with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, honesty and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to listen, ask questions and understand client needs. Able to “read” a client/situation and adjust approach to build rapport, trust and credibility.
- Ability to take charge of a situation, willingness to roll up sleeves, provide a hands-on approach.
- Ability to motivate, direct and inspire action and change.
- Ability to visualize and transform a space.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize.
- Experience providing excellent written and verbal communications.
- Confidence in consulting with a diverse client base; from busy families to corporate executives.
- Confidence and competence with technology, software, tools, apps and cloud-ware commonly used in the home and workplace – examples include PCs, Macs, Office 365, Gmail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, WordPress, CRM, Task/Info/Project Management Systems.
- Experience in (SOHO) Small Office/Home Office and Corporate work environments.
- Understanding of ADD and Executive Function issues, challenges and solutions for organization and time management for adults and children.
- Experience delivering educational/training presentations to small and large groups.
Hours and Work Requirements
- Project locations will vary. Most projects will be located on the Eastside and in Seattle. Some work can be completed from home. Must have dependable transportation.
- Must be open to working on the occasional evening or weekend as client need dictates. Most of the work can be completed during the “traditional” work week. Must be okay with a variable work schedule where hours and volume will be different week to week.
- Must have access to a computer, smart-phone and printer.
Pay and Benefits
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
- Sick pay/PTO accrued in accordance with Washington State Dept of Labor requirements
- Friendly, fun, flexible, team-oriented small business atmosphere
Complete this form and upload your cover letter and resume. Make sure to let us know how you fit what we’re looking for and why you’re our next superstar! If it seems you might be a strong candidate, we’ll be in touch soon.