Give your daughter a head start on middle school with a day of laughter and learning. Join Simply Placed Professional Organizer Lynette Apley for her presentation “Organizing For School Success” at the Teen Wise “Middle School Made Easy” conference on Saturday September 10th.
Lynette will share many practical techniques that help students maximize learning and organize all aspects of academic life. The helpful study and organization tips presented help middle school students stay on top of schoolwork and perform well on tests. This presentation helps familes and students who would like to:
– More effectively find what they need when they need it
– Take notes that will help them study for tests
– Focus on priorities
– Study for and take tests with better results
– Turn in assignments on time
– Feel less stress
Lynette’s presentation is one of four sessions in the Teen Wise Middle School Made Easy conference, created for girls who are just getting ready to begin middle school.
The sessions will be engaging, fun, and enlightening. Your daughter will leave with more confidence to face the trials, tribulations, and excitement of her first year in middle school. The four experts who will be presenting have a total of nine daughters (several of them in middle school)! There will also be additional guest experts (current middle school girls) who will join us for lunch and a Q&A session. The day will conclude with a closing session exclusively for moms and dads. Your parenting tool belt will be the shiniest on the block!
What is included?
- Four sessions presented by experts in their field
- A session exclusively for parents at the end of the day
- Lunch, snacks, drinks
- Discovering Friendship (book) by Sheri Gazitt
- The opportunity to ask questions of current middle school girls
What will my daughter learn?
- Organizing for School Success (Lynette Apley, Simply Placed)
- Fantastic Friendships: The New Social Landscape (Sheri Gazitt, Teen Wise)
- Teens Tell All (Current middle school students join us for lunch)
- Mindset Matters: Your Approach to Life (Julieann Picket, A Changed Mindset)
- Becoming Independent but Staying Close (Erin Aitken, Mother-Daughter-ology)
Who should attend?
- Girls entering middle school in Fall of 2016
- Open to girls from any school district
- Girls who want to be prepared with information and confidence for their first year in middle school
Why should my daughter attend?
- To have a day of learning and laughter with her peers
- To understand that she is not alone and that she has places to turn for support
- To be prepared to make decisions that are healthy for her despite media and peer pressure
- To learn the benefits of staying close to you (parents) through the middle and high school years
- To explore what she can expect in the next few years
When: Saturday September 10th, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Sammamish Teen Center – 825 228th Ave NE, Sammamish, WA 98074
Registration: Visit this registration page for more information and to sign up.
Early Bird Discount: Register before August 15th to receive a $50 discount!
Check out these tips for helping your student create organized routines. If you or your student need assistance getting organized, Simply Placed can help. In addition to home and business organization assistance, we help middle and high schoolers with our Organize for School small group seminars and individual consultations. Contact us if you or your kids would benefit from getting organized and increasing productivity this school year.