Are you clearing clutter from your home or office this summer? Republic Services offers expanded recycling options year-around for single-family and multifamily residents – two more ways to keep items out of the landfill.
Drop off these items or call 425-452-4762 to schedule a free pick-up.
- Fluorescent Tubes & Bulbs: Tubes should be wrapped in paper and secured with tape and no longer than 4 feet, and marked “fluorescent tubes.” Bulbs should be in closed plastic bags. Limit two tubes/bulbs per collection/visit and 10 per year.
- Household Batteries: Place rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries in separate, clear, sealed bags.
- Small Electronics and Appliances: Examples include microwave ovens, toaster ovens, irons, computer equipment, TVs, and cellphones that are two-square feet or smaller, and weigh less than 60 pounds.
- Textiles: Place clean, dry clothing and household textiles in clear plastic bags.
- Used Cooking Oil: Seal uncontaminated oil (no large solids) in clean, clear, screw-top, plastic jugs. Label jugs with your name and address. Limit 3 gallons per drop-off and 10 gallons per year.
These items can be placed curbside in or next to your recycle carts:
- Rigid Plastics : Examples include five-gallon buckets, PVC pipes, laundry baskets, plastic lawn furniture, Big Wheels, coolers, and Nalgene bottles. Size limit: two-feet square. Place rigid plastics in or next to recycle carts on your collection day.
- Scrap Metal: Scrap metal smaller than two-square feet can be disposed of in curbside recycle carts. This includes all ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal, including lids three inches or larger that are free of wood, plastic, rubber, and other contaminants.
Drop off these items for free:
- Bicycles and Bike Parts
- Hardcover Books
- Styrofoam Blocks: No packing peanuts.
- Small Propane Cylinders: Cylinders must be empty – no tanks.
For a fee, call 425-452-4762 for a pick-up of these items:
- Bulky Waste: For a fee, large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, water heaters, furniture, mattresses, and other similar large items can be picked up.
- Construction Materials: Call for pricing.
Find the location of your nearest Republic Services Drop-off Recycling Center, or arrange for a special pick up by calling 425-452-4762. The recycling center is open Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm and Saturday, 10am-4pm.
If you don’t live in an area served by Republic Services, please check with your waste management provider to see if they provide similar pickup/drop-off recycling services. For those in Waste Management pickup areas, you can find their information here.